Monday, September 24, 2012

The Power of Repetition vs. New Energy


Power of Repetition – In my business and personal life, I do two things to get better every day –
- I read for between 20 and 30 minutes per day.
- I listen to audios every day.
Here is the conundrum that I still deal with every day.
Power of Repetition

Power of Repetition

The audio I listen to is geared to embedding amazing belief systems.  For it work, the author (are you an author if it is an audio?) prescribes that you listen to the audio for 21 days straight.
The book that I read prescribes that I read the same chapter at least 3 times per week for three weeks.
I am on my third week with both the audio and the book.   I feel that both are getting into my bones and are becoming part of my subconscious.  That is a very good thing.
However, I am itching for something new.  I want to read a new book and I want to listen to a new audio.
Ah hah, that probably means that both are working (You see, I work out my personal questions in my writing.  When I started writing this post, I did not really know the answer to my question)
OK, here we go.
Repetition causes us to go to another place.  The information that we ingest through reading or through listening becomes part of us.  When it becomes part of us, it informs new decisions.
We are in a more mature place and are in a better position to make decisions that are better for us.
Now, there is no reason to stop listening to what I listen to and read what I read, but it is to supplement with new information.
Now that I am in the habit of reading and listening every day, it is instinctual.  I should continue to do what I do because I can and it is effortless.  I would not stop brushing my teeth because it becomes effortless.
The key to success seems to be to make what used to be complicated simple and then to supplement with new things that will be difficult at first but instinctual in the future.
That way, we will keep building amazing habits that just stack on top of each other.
Make it an Amazing Day.

Power of Repetition – Empower Network @ 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment