Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The Power of Specific Focus


Specific Focus – Today was one of those mornings where I got up on the wrong side of the bed.  I slept in an extra half hour, got distracted by an email first thing in the morning (this is a big no-no for me) and am not feeling so inspired to do the writing that I have to do this morning.
When we are pursuing our dreams, whether they be big or whether they be small, it is key to keep a couple of things in mind.
specific focus

Specific Focus

Know What You Need to Ignore - Especially if you are newly into the pursuit of your dream, there will be distractions from the past that can easily take you off track.  I identify these distractions and come up with ways to eliminate the distractions and do it quickly.  One of the things that I do first thing in the morning is write.  This morning, I get distracted by an email about a new linking product that could theoretically help me with my business.   I bit and opened it up.  Not only did it take me away from my writing but it also made me feel bad that I did not stick to my guns.  Know your distractions and come up with ways to eliminate them as quickly as possible.
Keep your vision alive every day - This is an area where I can use some more work.  We can get caught up in the monotony of implementing our vision that we lose the reason why we are doing what we are doing.  Do some work every day to mentally connect yourself to your vision and your big reason why and you will be light years ahead of your competition.
Get Others involved in your vision - Visions are not created by one person.  It takes an army.  You may be done doing the heavy lifting, especially in the beginning.  However, you will move so much more quickly and with so much more power if you have others involved in your vision.  These can be active workers, cheerleaders or advocates for your vision.  Whatever their role, you need to get others involved so that you can move forward with velocity.
Follow the three steps on specific focus above and you will find that you are sprinting forward towards achieving your vision.

No comments:

Post a Comment