Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Uh Oh, Brain Freeze – What to Write About?


What to Write About – I did not set myself up to write in this session.  I am phoning this session in and am only making a half hearted attempt to pump out some great content.  That is not completely true.
Here is what happened.
what to write about

What to Write About?

I did not set myself up to write great stuff on the train.  When I got on the train, my mind was already on getting home.  RESULT:  I have written one article that was OK and then I ran out of ideas.
Now, I am going to work through this challenge in the writing and I believe the writing will provide value for the reader.
What to Write About? Here is what I am going to do –
Work on a distinct transition from one project to another that empowers me to move forward - I had a great day at the office and kicked ass recording my videos.  I was excited but that excitement wore off and by the time I got to my writing, I was no longer excited.  I will put in a routine before every evening writing sessions here I get myself in the correct mental state.  This may involve playing some music or creating a mantra that puts me in the right mental state.
I will get honest - I am not going to write through the anxiety that comes with phoning it in.  I am going to deal with it and I will deal with it in the writing.  Challenges like this are what makes us better and allows us to have a better best.  Our subconscious mind gives us these challenges.  We can either wither away and give up and wait until we are in a good mood.  The other option is to face the challenge head on and understand that these challenges will allow us to take up whatever game we want to the next level.
Use it all - Don’t waste any emotion – Pour your emotions into your work. This does not mean that you should complain or dump all of your personal problems on somebody.  This just means –
- Don’t try to change yourself.
- Pour your true emotions into your work.
OK, the brain is open and ready to move forward.  The freeze has lifted and it only took about five minutes.
Life is too short to stay stuck.  Get unstuck and move forward with veracious enthusiasm.

No comments:

Post a Comment