Monday, September 24, 2012

What is Your Writing Strategy?


Writing Strategy – I am an Accountant and I love structure in what I do.  I would love to have a great process for my writing but here is what I do.
-  I sit down and open the notepad on my Mac.
-  I start with a basic idea.
writing strategy

Writing Strategy

Then, I just let my fingers begin to move and see what comes out.  I move pretty quickly but not like a rush.
It is kind of like writing inside of a trance.  You know what I mean.  If you do, then let me know.
I may be an idiot or I may be onto something great here but all I know is that I keep moving forward and see what is about to come out.
Do you know what I mean?
If you do, please comment or reach out and let’s put some structure around this style.
We deserve to get paid for pouring our heart out, even if we do so in a way that may not make a lot of sense at the beginning.
It is challenging because my blog is in the incubation phase.  Google is inducing the pages and deciding what it is about.  It will take another 60 days before Google decides how it wants to treat it.
That is nerve racking.  You know what I mean?  I hate to wait of it to decide and hear that 60 days from now I will find out that everything that I wrote will never get read.
Maybe not?  Not really, I am actually betting on the stuff that I am writing and that it will make a huge difference in the end.  IT is about tapping into something that matter and tapping not the subconscious.
The conscious mind tries to make sense of what the subconscious mind is doing.
Let’s make the decision to stop that right now.  It is like my 2.5 year old trying to figure out how to write like I do.  She can’t and does not have the skill.  She can only view it from her paradigm.
Let’s get the conscious mind out of this whole thing and see what we got.
Make it an awesome day.

Writing Strategy – Empower Network @ 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment